Saturday 10 July 2010

Wagtail at Dungeness

Yesterday I visited Dungeness RSPB Reserve. All in all it was a good day - very hot, but there was a lot going on. Several decent marsh harrier sightings and a brief glimpse of the purple heron. No photos of either of these though.

I did get a shot of this wagtail on the roof of the visitor centre. I'm assuming it's a juvenile pied wagtail from the coloration. I particularly liked the way that the orange lichen provides such an interesting back-drop.

Wagtail

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Shot Ian. I love the background and environment as well as the attitude of the bird. Well composed mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah,the back drop adds a certain uniqueness to the photo. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to comment on my blog!