Sunday 30 May 2010

Terns on my doorstep...

This time last year I made the trek down to Weymouth to photograph the common terns at Lodmoor RSPB. Yesterday I went for a walk in the rain at Bedfont Lakes (about four miles from my house) and discovered that there is a group of common terns nesting there. This part of London never ceases to surprise me!



Today the weather was rather nicer so I returned with my camera and spent an hour or so in the presence of these graceful birds. I love the shapes that the make as they fly - but they are rather unpredictable which makes them a challenge to track! Now I know that they are there I expect I will return to see them again.

1 comment:

  1. Smiles, all I can say is smiles, these images bring my way~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to comment on my blog!