Saturday 2 October 2010

Common Darter Dragonfly

It's been a bit of a mixed week. My replacement 7D turned up on Wednesday so I was looking forward to taking out for a spin on Friday. However, rain from dawn to dusk put paid to that. Today was a different story though. One of those almost painfully beautiful autumn days. The sun refracting through a hundred droplets left behind from yesterday's showers.


The dragonflies were out in force in the park. This one, a common darter, flirted with me for about ten minutes before finally settling long enough to afford me this shot.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Ian. I got to see some dragonfly in France but did not get any nice pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian, such a beautiful Dragonfly, love the macro and the show of it's eyes~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to comment on my blog!