Saturday 13 June 2009

Painted Lady

The other week I took my 70-200mm lens out for a change. I really should do it more often. Changing lenses forces you to view the world in a different way. Rather than going after small birds I needed more amenable targets. One thing I really appreciate with this lens is being able to get much closer to your subject. I particularly liked this picture of a painted lady butterfly. I love the way the light shines through its wings. And if you're thinking the sky looks dark - that's because its actually the Thames!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Oh you got them too... It looks like we are the only one not to get them... This is a very nice shot congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great shot.We just had our first sighting of the Painted Ladies here yesterday.They are indeed very beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to comment on my blog!