Sunday 1 February 2009

On the joys of birds in flight (part II)

Since my recent entry on the joys of flight photography, I've gone out specifically to practice photographing birds in flight. Yesterday I popped into Bushy Park and stood by one of the main ponds as various people fed the birds. There were a lot of gulls there as well as various other waterfowl, jackdaws and pigeons. With all the activity there was plenty of opportunity for flight shots.

Here are just a handful of the shots I took.







The 1D MkIIN certainly makes the job of getting flight shots easier. With forty-five auto-focus points it tracks targets much more accurately than my 20D, and more often than not the focus is bang on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to comment on my blog!