Sunday 15 February 2009

On missed opportunities

This weekend I popped in briefly on the RSPB reserve at Fowlmere. At first there seemed to be very little of interest - just a handful of greylag geese, a single little grebe and the usual crop of mallard and coots. However, as the light was fading and I was considering leaving I had a brief, very close encounter with a barn owl. Sadly, despite all my recent practice, my camera was not set up for flight shots. To be honest, even if it had been my chances of a decent shot were not great - the highest shutter speed I could get was a measly 1/40th of a second. Not really fast enough for a moving target. Still - it was great to see.

With no owl shot to show, here instead is my favourite shot from the recent snowfall. I'm hoping a lyric from one of my favourite Genesis songs proves true. "They say a snow year's a good year filled with the love of all who lie so deep"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to comment on my blog!